Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 7: One of those days

I awoke with the best intentions. I had lots of chores to do and errands to run. I was assuming that today Harper would feel well enough to allow me to grocery shop and stop by Staples to buy printer cartridges. Afterwards, we'd come home where she could rest, and I could put the rest of my Christmas decorations away.

The first half of my day went as planned.
It was the second half of my day that threw me for a loop. As I was putting away the groceries, the school nurse called to tell me that Emma was in her office with a fever of 102 degrees F. Ugh! Here we go again. I called the pediatrician and made an appointment. 45 minutes later, this was Emma. She couldn't even sit up at the pediatrician's office. :\ Poor baby!

By 2:45 we knew that she had Strep throat. She'll be on antibiotics for the next 10 days and no school until Monday.
After we stopped at the pharmacy, we came home where she and Harper rested comfortably and watched a movie. I was lucky enough to get my decorations put away and a few loads of laundry done!

No comments: